The N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router -Premium Edition from NETGEAR is a dynamic, high-performance router designed to handle your Wi-Fi multimedia needs while keeping you smoothly surfing on the Internet. This router supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and operates on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Operating on dual bands allows the router to separate network traffic and keeps it flowing, so that you can smoothly surf the Internet on one band and smoothly stream video to a DLNA device on the other. This router also relies upon its Clear Channel selector technology to find a clear Wi-Fi channel for your wireless devices so that you have a clear, fast wireless connection. Plus, the router can prioritize video traffic via Quality of Service (QoS), so you can watch movies without lag.
The router also features five Gigabit Ethernet ports. One is for connecting to your modem and the other four are for establishing wired Internet connections to your notebook or desktop computers. A built-in USB port allows for you to connect and access peripherals, such as an external hard drive, printer, DLNA player, HDTV, game console, or Blu-ray player.
The router can be setup via your Internet browser for iPads, smartphones, and computers. In addition, the NETGEAR Genie provides an easy dashboard for managing, monitoring, and repairing your home network. Advanced business-class Wi-Fi security and firewalls keep your network safe. If you want a Wi-Fi dynamo for your home, then check out this router from NETGEAR.
- Broadband (cable, DSL) Internet service and modem with Ethernet connection
- 2.4 or 5.0 GHz 802.11a/b/g/n specification wireless adapter or an Ethernet adapter and cable for each computer
- Microsoft® Windows 7, Vista®, XP®, 2000, Mac OS®, UNIX®, or Linux®
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 5.0, Firefox® 2.0 or Safari 1.4 or higher
- Use with an N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA3100) for maximum performance
- IEEE® 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- IEEE 802.11 a/n 5.0 GHz
- Five (5) (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- IPv6 Support (Internet Protocol Version 6)
- 680 MHz powerful MIPS 32-bit processor
- Memory: 16 MB flash and 64 MB RAM
- Five (5) (1 WAN, 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
- Supports Wireless Multimedia (WMM) based QoS
- Dimensions: 223 x 153 x 31 mm (8.8 x 6.0 x 1.2 in)
- Weight: 0.5 kg (1.2 lb)